Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Monday, December 01, 2008

Lots to report although not a lot baby related wise. At least not directly. Sometimes I think I feel something but it is more like a rustling or vibrating. Not a baby kick or anything.First off, Grandpa and Grandma Ober were told at Thanksgiving. Sheri had the idea to have Dave start with a thing about what we are thankful for. Grandpa went first and then Sheri signaled to Dave to go next. Dave said that he was thankful for all the wonderful additions that have made to the family this year, Kai and Eli. He was looking forward to the addition of another baby being born to Robby and Karen in the coming year. There was a good deal of teasing as he was asked if we knew about this or not to which he replied, “No, I have just decided it is time, I have waited long enough.” I thought that was super funny and super cute. The second piece was in regards to a movie Molly and I watched. The movie was “Sydney White” which was like a version of Snow White. It was actually pretty cute and funny at parts. The girl tries to join a sorority but is denied because the president of the sorority is jealous of her being prettier and more popular. So she ends up at the overflow housing with 7 guys. Throughout the movie Molly and I kept trying to figure out which guy was supposed to be what dwarf. Some were obvious (like the international student who never got on American time and was asleep all the time) or the disgruntled internet blogger who was pretty much angry all the time or the kid who could only talk through a puppet on his arm. One guy did not seem to fit, we were trying to figure out if there was a dwarf called “sleazy” There is not but the only that seemed to fit him was “happy” which was totally dumb, since when do you look at a horn dog and think “That guy is happy!” Most of the time, you think “Eww gross, I need to go take a shower.”So driving home the next day I decided that pregnant women have the capacity to embody all 7 of the dwarves. Bashful: Sometimes you like the attention, sometimes you would rather not be asked questions and just curl up on the couch with a good book.Dopey: This is my definite pregnancy brain drain talking. Where I called Monkey- Molly, Molly- Mom and forget how to spell everythng! Sleepy: I am getting better at sleeping and having more energy all around. I know have the wonderfulness of being dizzy if I stand for too long doing a strenuous activity. (poor Molly had to continue cooking breakfast in my stead. But I am sleeping just as much as usual and except for getting up to go to the bathroom five times, sleeping more soundly.“Happy” I put happy in quotations marks for obvious reasons. If you don’t get my drift or don’t want to then just think I mean usually giggly and not what I actually meant.Doc: Okay, this one I am a little confused about what they are talking about in the movie “Snow White” Was Doc really smart? Or was he a doctor? I will just say that when you are pregnant you tend to read tons of articles online, in magazines and books. You get to brandy about words like “Pre-clampsia” and “High-Risk Pregnancy” and your husband who is very brilliant actually has to ask what those things mean. (my friend Alina called and told me about her pregnancy- which is a High Risk Pregnancy, in case anyone is worried about me.)Grumpy: I am grumpy frequently but it usually only lasts a few seconds but it is very extreme and then it’s gone. Mostly at my poor husband or Anthony. It is absolutely nothing huge. We are talking about a dish not put away or the cheese moved away from the cheese drawer in the fridge. I usually just fix it and try to mention it to the boys when I am calm.Sneezy: Most of my family or anyone who has lived with me, know that I get the sneezies. It is worse now though, something about more mucus running through my system. Which is just what everyone likes to think about.I will have to see if I could add more dwarves as the pregnancy progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment