Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Baby is moving around like a busy busy bee. Pretty much on the dot of 9 am she moves around. She does so frequently throughout the day and depending on what I am doing. I finally gained weight for the last month, the first time in the pregnancy, which the nurse practioner said was still fine. I talked with a gal at work who just had a baby and she said that between her last appointment and after she had the baby she lost 30 pounds. All water weight (and baby.)Speaking of ladies who just had a baby, the gal who announced at the same that she was also having a baby. She was due Feb. 7th and had her baby on the 9th. She was supposed to have a girl and had a boy instead. SURPRISE! Apparently everything she has for the baby is pink! So, it is almost like she needs to have another baby shower. Everyone at work has asked me if I am freaking out because of the gender switch. Most of the women who have had babies say that they think that it happened that way because she found out so late that she was pregnant, thus the ultrasound was later, thus not as accurate. I am hoping that because mine was at 19 weeks it wasn't too late.I have enjoyed the week of being with just Robby in the house but I have had to go in to work everyday and work till 5, which is totally gross in my opinion and unnecessary but whatever. It just makes the day SO long! Tomorrow I have to take an extra half hour lunch or something like that. because I have to be there by 9:30, work at least 6:45 hours and stay till five anyway, enough of non-baby-related items. Next week I have to start tracking her kicking which I don't think will be hard since she moves like 10 times in like 5 minutes, Robby got to feel her and I think he was surprised, he was like, "Oh, it felt like bump, bump, bump." He wanted to know what it was and I felt that it was her foot, I explained that sometimes it is one a hand, foot, head butt or a butt butt, which is where her butt butts up against the side. Robby thought I was insane of course but what is new?We are signed up for the childbirth education classes starting April 1 on Wednesday, I thought this would be easier than the marathon Friday night and whole day Saturday. I hope that the class is not too scary for Robby, I would hate for him to like throw up or pass out. he is made of strong stuff but that is a survival instinct, he stays away from stuff that scares him- which includes death and pregnancy related bodily functions.So, I won't worry about him wanting to cut the umbilical cord or eating the placenta (people do that too- I did not make that up.)On a non- gross note, I think I may want to go to bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment