Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It’s a girl! If you cannot tell by the slight change in the border. I am very happy, to be honest, I would have been happy with a boy as well. I cried when I found out but I would have cried if it would have been a boy. When I told Molly she squealed, but she said she would have squealed either way. I don’t know why that is but it is true.I am very happy that we have the name picked out and barring some celebrity coming out of the woodwork and naming their child the same thing or the one person I know with the name suddenly becoming crazy, I am keeping it!Getting to the ultrasound was kind of an adventure as it was. We got a call a half an hour before the appointment to say that the person who was supposed to do the appointment could not get out of her driveway. I think it frustrated Robby most because he had worked hard to get the car out of the driveway and postponing it to the next day meant that he had to ask for time off- something he hates to do. The second person frustrated was probably Sara, who was probably more excited to find out that either of us. This is evident by the repeated text messages we received during the ultrasound. The technician just laughed whenever she heard the text message tone.One of the things that struck me the most about the exam was how many things that the technician looked at. Don’t get me wrong, I am very glad that she looked at all the inner workings to make sure everything looked good, but she pretty much saved the gender till the end (no pun intended). She was being stubborn however and hiding her head way way down. It actually hurt for the technician to try and move the baby around cause she would move the wand thing around to get her to move but she was having none of it! The technician was able to get the cutest little picture of her profile. This will be the last time I get to see her face till she is born, unless we have to get another ultrasound, then another look. So, I was happy with most reactions to the news. Most of the time, I get a couple of different reactions. The first is lots of excitement, hugging, squealing, that sort of thing. The other is congratulations about the girl and how much fun she will be-until she gets to be a teenager. Am I missing something? I went through a not close period with my mom from like 6th to 8th grade then I got over it. I was not perfect and I am sure I was way moodier that I needed to be but what girl isn’t? I think Molly and I agree that our teenage selves were the selfish, immature versions that we are today. Okay, having said that, who says that to people? It is like saying, “That is a nice new car you have there- you know in about 150,000 miles or less, stuff is going to start going wrong with it?” Uh, thanks, way to diminish the joy of the moment. No random strangers touching me or offering advice, maybe because I still am in that, is she fat, is she pregnant phase. I did have a dream that I was at this gas station and I had gone into buy something and as I was walking out this guy starting following me and he asked me if I was pregnant. I said yes and then he started asking all these questions like, “When are you due?” and stuff like that. I got into my car and am basically trying to get away from this guy, but my car won’t start. So he tells me to do something to the car and it works. So I say something quippy about how he probably wishes that he had not given me that piece of advice and drove off. What was interesting about the car was that it was a Volkswagen Bug but as soon as it hit the street it morphed into a monster truck. I don’t think I want to go interpreting that dream.At work, Rachel was excited that it is a girl because she “has a lot of girly yarn.” I like getting homemade stuff like that, it shows the person making it was really thinking about me. I have gotten some homemade stuff that was not so nice. Sarah (gal from work not sister-in-law) has started calling the baby “Fred.” She also states that I should tell her the babies name so that she can get used to it and if she doesn’t like it, I have a chance to change it. I think that part of the insanity in there is her joking with me, I think the other part is her being serious.The only complaint of Robby is not being about to feel the baby yet. I read that it is usually around 24 weeks but could be much later as well. At some point the baby will be so big that strangers will be able to see when the baby moves. So here is hoping that the next few weeks come quickly for Robby.

No comments:

Post a Comment