Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Monday, January 12, 2009

As promised, I am updating the blog since I had a doctor's appointment on Friday. We were going to a concert that night so the appointment was late as it was at 4:00 we did not get seen until 4:30.The little nurse that showed us (Robby came with me) had me go pee in a cup (it is a dixie cup- which is weird). She dips a little stick in it to measure something (I am not really quite sure) but whatever it was I am doing good. The nurse said that I have "perfect urine" I told her that no one has ever said that to me and she looked at the chart and said, "Well, you had perfect urine last time too!" Apparently you are supposed to say that to patients every time? The doctor listened to the baby, she sounded good. She asked if I can feel the baby and I said, "Oh yeah." She said that I don't have to start counting the baby's kicks until 28 weeks. I just found out that my next appointment is Feb 10 which is when I get to take the gluclose test. I have had to take this before- it is awful! They take your blood then give you this awful syrupy flat gross soda. You wait an hour and then they take your blood again. Yuck! But the doctor has not wanted to have me take the test before so that is good news. The doctor said everything is normal and be thankful that I don't have any of the big nasty symptoms of some pregnant women. I am sore sometimes when I get up in the night, my hips mainly. Pregnancy books basically said that my muscles are spreading, joints are loosening and things are getting prepared for the baby.Oh, something happened before the appointment that was more interesting than the doctor (well weirder at least).I went into Motherhood Maternity with a very specific goal. The sales lady asked me what I wanted I told her, she showed me several options, this was the point that she should have gone away. She started explaining that they have these new pants and some run long. She asked if I had been in before, I answered no. Then she asked how far along I am. I told her a little over 5 months, her response was that, "Oh, you are a little late, most women come in at 3 months." How am I supposed to respond to that? I don't like that you clothes are not tailored for pregnant bellies. You make regular clothes and put a maternity tag on them." But I explained that I hadn't really needed them until now. She backpedaled and said, "Well you are tall the baby is growing upwards then will go out." So finally she left me alone. 2 minutes later I had picked out what I wanted and brought it up to the counter where the woman asked me if I wanted to try it on since I cannot return sales items. So I said okay. She asked me if I wanted to try on a camisole because the shirt I picked out was low cut. I told her that I already had one on and she said, "Well, is it one of ours?" I was like no. "Well, this are wonderful they are one size fits all and kind of help smush everything together." SO I took it to get to leave me alone. When I was in the room she started talking about trying on the support bras that were in there because doctors recommend that pregnant and nursing mothers should wear bras even when sleeping. I was like, "Okay, thanks!" (under my breath thinking "Go Away!" I put the shirt on, it fits fine. I take the shirt and cami off, was in the process of putting the last pieces of my clothes on when she opens up the door to give me another bra! Starts yapping away about the kind of bra it is and why I should get it. I told her politely that I was almost done but thank you anyway. Finally after she asks all these questions in order to sign me up for their mailing list and get a free gift, I get out of there. I cannot remember a more pushing sales person. Even if I loved their clothes I would not go back. So please don't buy me a gift card to that place! All things considered I made it, but seriously what sales person opens the door into the room while you are changing without someone asking for it! Argh.Baby is moving around, now I have to start on the awful bits, registering, decorating, stuff like that. Oh well I will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment