Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Well, I was kind of expecting the nurse consult today to be some forms, questions- la de da but I has with her for like an hour and half- This is not a bad thing- I mean she went over medical stuff, medical history. She said that the doctor will monitor my thyroid levels more than normal during pregnancy because my hormone levels can fluctuate more than most. She talked about so much that it was a little hard to take in. But, I will try and partake what she said. She said that my due date is around May 17th, a day before my nephew Eli's. She said that I may not be as further along though because my periods are so long and irregular. So I am getting an ultrasound on Thursday. I gave a blood and urine sample, which is fine- I am not quite sure what they are all testing for- they took like six vials of blood. I was so nervous before I went in that I went to the bathroom like seven times but don't worry. I still had to go. The ultrasound on Thursday I have to drink like 20 ounces of water, then they did a semi-invasive ultrasound, let me pee- then the abdominal ultrasound. Robby called me today on his break and wanted to know how the appointment was- I felt like a sneak thief cause I went out to the garage to talk to him. When I let him know about the appointment on Thursday he talked to his manager to get approval to come in late that day. I know it is a small thing but it really made me happy. We can be there together to get the first look at our little baby. It is way too early to tell the gender or even make out really anything (it is not even 3 inches yet) but this will help determine how far along and the due date. I am excited! Oh and the nurse gave Regence a kudos for allowing me (well not just me) to work from home three days a week. She said that she wished that more companies would allow this for the first trimester. She also said that heartburn, nauseau, insomnia- all normal at this stage, she was glad that normally I don't have heartburn but apparently I am prone to it. So I can take tums- whoopee! well, I gotta go- nature calls- Oh I walked by the baby clothes today and had a moment- cause I was like- in a couple more months- I will be able to pick out this little tan jogging suit or purple dress. It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment