Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I got my medical history information from the doctor's office and am wondering about all of the stuff that they asked- very thankful that I don't fall into some of the scary categories (like being French or Canadian) I am thankful about that everyday though. I am still debating about telling my parents earlier than Robby's family, not because I care about them more but because I know how excited my parents will be, I also feel that I need to talk about some of the pregnancy stuff to someone and my mom would be the perfect person. Robby is good to talk to about it, he is a very good sounding board but he does not have any first hand information about the subject. There are a lot of things that we will have to talk about down the line anyway, like is he going to be in the delivery room. He says that he would prefer not to be and that is fine with me. I watched a baby show today and she had her husband, her mom, her sister, the doctor and two nurses (plus the camera crew) in her room. I was like, that is way too many people. I just don't want that many people looking at me. I don't even like pelvic exams with the doctor and nurse in that area. I have heard that you get to a point where you just are a lot more open and don't care- but I have a real problem with that. I would be happy to have my parents, Robby's parents, Molly and Robby nearby- but that doesn't leave anybody in the room with me. So Robby or my mom will have to be in there by my head- unless they annoy me- then I may have to kick them out. I think that I have to stop reading all the medical websites about baby stuff or I will start scaring myself. I will have to start looking at boy baby names and see what I like. Robby insists that he will know the name and that will be it. I am trying to find a name that cannot be shortened or a name that if it is shortened I don't want to stab the person who shortened the name, in the head with a meat cleaver. You may think- wow! what an exagerrated reaction- must be the pregnancy- uhm no, I have felt that way for a long time. We have a girl's name picked out already and barring some sort of celebrity arriving with the same name or a serial killer, we are going to stick with it- I will NOT reveal the name to anyone before the baby is here- I have already told several people, if you forgot than tough- if you remember, kindly keep it to yourself please! Gotta go- Seems to be a theme- going to the bathroom, sigh! Guess I better get used to it- My days as camel bladder are over!

No comments:

Post a Comment