Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today Robby and I met my OB-GYN for the first time, she was very nice and although her last name is Chong, she is not Asian. Not that I care but I had a REALLY bad experience with my first OB-GYN who was Asian and really kind of mean. I will not go into details about the exam, it was completely normal and kind of glad that Robby was there to get a hint of what women have to go through.The doctor said that all of tests looked normal and that everything seems to be progresing nicely. She did the Doppler test and you could barely hear the baby underneath my heartbeat. She said that as the baby moves away from my blood vessels that I will be able to hear things a lot better. She also mentioned that at the next visit is when we would decide whether or not to do the Quad testing, which can help determine risk factor for some birth defects. Dr. Chong said that most people who opt out of test are classified as high anxiety. Which Robby thankfully told me later that I am the definition of. He also wondered if the doctor could simply tell him the results. The way I feel is kind of split two ways- if the baby has Down Syndrome or something like that, it is not going to make a difference. We can stress about the possibility of it during the entire pregnancy or wait and see what happens. No birth defect is going to cause me to abort the baby. The only reason to do it is to determine if the baby has an abnormality, such as a hole in their abdomen which would require surgery, which can only be offered in Portland. Of course, I can't really do that since our insurance doesn't cover that. Argh. I think that I will go to bed soon. I took a nap this after (over three hours) made a very good lasagna and am still tired. I can tell because my left eye gets this tight feeling underneath it and my stomach is always upset when I am tired. My stomach is the barometer of my body I think. That and my ears (my ears are the first to hurt when I am getting a cold). That reminds me of a joke about the brain, the stomach, the liver and the colon arguing about who controls everything. Guess who won? Well, back to my book and then sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment