Sunday, March 22, 2009

One down . . . .

I have no idea how straining it is to host a shower but it is hard to be the honoree also.
I went to the baby shower that my mom's church (and my former church), hosted.
It was a lot of fun, they made little grilled cheese sandwiches with different types of small little bagels and bread, with this olive spread and shrimp spread. Purple chicken soup (you use red cabbage and it colors the soup). Raspberry Lemonade, tomatoe and mozzarella, vegetable plate and then for dessert this dark chocolate lava cake with raspberries and whip cream. It was very good and fancy without being weird. Then we opened gifts, I pretty much got only clothes (for the baby) and everything is so cute- kept getting comments that she will be the best dressed baby on the block, which I think she will be- considering I have 3 more showers and everyone seems to give her clothes. I am NOT complaining, trust me.
Don't watch Holiday on TV they cut out a bunch of cute parts! Do we really need all these commercials?
Anyway, tomorrow I will go and get little something for Robert and Jan who hosted the shower and then start on the task of writing thank you notes. I am going to do it this time- I even bought the thank you notes already. So I am one step ahead of the game. It is 6:35 and I am tired. I am going to do some writing and then take a shower and bed hopefully. Baby agrees and is kicking up a storm. G'Night!

1 comment:

  1. One down and one coming up! And then aren't you being thrown a work on also?

    ReplyDelete